May 6, 2016
According to a survey of consumer preferences, 92% of people now read online reviews about products and services before purchasing.
Furthermore, the degree of trust in online recommendations is fast-growing as more and more consumers use the internet to do their research. In fact, more than three-quarters of them trust online reviews more than personal recommendations. So it’s a no-brainer that you should place your best testimonial videos front and center on your website.
What the best customer testimonial videos have in common is that they’re believable stories about the usefulness of your product or service.
Here are some specifics:
- The most effective videos are personal, authentic, eye-to-eye statements by satisfied customers. (Tip: Steer your customers in the right direction with these three video testimonial questions.)
- The video format intensifies the testimonial because the customer can see the speakers and judge the sincerity of what they are saying from facial expression and demeanor.
- The written word is generally perceived as less reliable than video.
- The best customer service videos are shot with simple equipment.
- They are most effectively shot in the home of the subject or a familiar kind of neighborhood location far from a studio.
- Viewing the most effective testimonial videos confirms the impression that a quality video can be shot with a cell phone camera or simple small hand-held camera.
- Pieces can be stitched together with simple video software to make a short and powerful statement.
In the best testimonial videos, customers tell the story of how they used a product or service and how successfully the product solved their problems and met their needs. Narratives are most effective because they’re not just statements of value, they’re demonstrations of value.
Some of the most effective testimonial videos combine testimonial statements with actual demonstrations of the product by the customer. When potential buyers view this kind of video they get a strong impression of the value of the product and the way the product actually works.
What are some other qualities of the customer testimonial videos? Comment and let us know!